Chateau Latour Pauillac 1985
Chateau Latour sent shockwaves through the wine industry in 2012 when the people behind Latour announced they would no longer sell their wines a primer. The wines would not be released until they were thought to be ready. Sentence.
It was a break from decades of practice of booking and paying for wines that were still in the castle cellars in Bordeaux and were only put on the market a few years after the harvest. However, the management at Château Latour had so much confidence in their strategy that they did not fear it would be the sale.
The property, which dates back to the 1300s and up through the following centuries has been owned by various families, was given its name after La Tour Saint-Maubert (Saint-Maubert tower), which served as a kind of lookout tower. It was razed many hundreds of years ago and the current tower, which was to become the castle's landmark, was first built in the period 1620-30. It was built as a pigeon hole and thus had nothing to do with the castle's name.
When, towards the end of the 1600s, Alexandre de Segur de Francs married Marie-Therese de Clausel, La Tour de Saint-Maubert was incorporated into his family dynasty. Before his death, he also acquired Château Lafite, and his son Nicolas-Alexandre continued the trend with the acquisitions of both Mouton-Rothschild and Calon-Segur. Latour was in the family for 300 years.
There is no reviews yet. Be the first to write us your opinion